Friday, February 24, 2006
Dealing with PlayStation 2 disc read errors : Page 1
Truthfully, putting this here on the blog is more of an easy way for me to pass the link to myself at home than anything else. I sat down to enjoy my PS2 last week only to discover that it no longer reads discs. Hooray for me. Some digging online has shown me that this pretty much happens to every PS2 at some point in its life and I shouldn't feel too badly. It wouldn't be that big of a deal except for one, tiny piece of unfinished business between myself and the Playstation 2: Kingdom Hearts 2. I will do whatever is necessary to play that game. Period. I'm hoping this repair guide will help me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I got the dreaded "Disc Read Error" a couple years ago on mine, and it was so bad that every game I owned stopped working. I called Sony and told them, and they had me ship it in. They fixed it for free, even though it was out of warranty. I'm not sure if I just got lucky or if this is their regular policy, but it's worth a shot.
They mailed it back in about a month, and it's worked perfectly ever since. All I had to pay was shipping.
Post a Comment