
I hope I'm not getting annoying with this Superman DVD stuff but when it comes to Superman I get geeked up. I didn't realize what an enormous part of childhood Superman was for me until my wife got me the soundtrack for the movie last Christmas. (Two disc set! It is SPECTACULAR!) The music brought childhood memories rushing back to me! When I was younger, I had a Superman cape that I would wear around the house and make a "wooshing" sound with my mouth while I ran around with my arms out. I was flying around the house. At that point, I was still too afraid of heights to even be interested in flying outside so the fact that I couldn't fly outside never even occured to me... until one day...
I was wooshing around the house and it occured to me: I'm not flying. I'm not Superman. Furthermore, I cannot learn to fly and will not be Superman. I seriously think childhood ended that day because the first revelation lead to a deluge of others: Batman wasn't real. Spiderman wasn't real. Santa wasn't real... Of course, my mother would have had to reveal this to me before I graduated so it was just as wellI find out on my own.
Wading through a long press release from Warner Brothers you will find this info:
Superman 14-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition: This set will include all of the films released in the Superman series, including Superman, Superman II, Superman III, Superman IV: The Quest For Peace, Supergirl and Superman Returns. Richard Donner's cut of Superman II will be available for the first time ever, featuring between 20 and 40% new footage and tons of never-before-seen material. This set will be available on day and date in both SD (standard definition) and HD (high defintion) versions.
HD? I guess I won't be buying this until I have a TV and DVD player that can handle the love... but that Superman 2 director's edition is already mine, you just can't see it yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment