This is the book that I'm currently reading (along with Star Wars: Outbound Flight). I'm only a few chapters in but I am fairly fascinated with Lou's ideas on lifting. He feels that you should focus mostly on your core and on motions/exercises that result in practical strength versus "bodypart building". He says that isolating muscles actually forces them to work in ways that they were not designed to do and is somewhat detrimental to your overall strength. He also feels curling is a waste of time. (Unless you are bulking up a little for summer in which he excuses it.)
I interviewed him last week and talked to him extensively off air and his ideas intrigue me. I'm going to adapt some of his workouts for my program after I get through the book.
Just for the record, working on President's Day sucks (though I'm glad to have a job I LOVE).
Star Wars: Empire at War is absolutely kicking my butt. For the first time since Ocarina of Time I'm pondering purchasing a strategy guide. The surface/space battles aren't tough. It's the Galactic Map that has me thoroughly puzzled. I just can't wrap my mind around the way I'm supposed to manage my resources and gather my armies. CONFUSING!!!
I'm back to work. I'm not sure but I may have a case of the Mondays.
Monday, February 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment