Monday, March 27, 2006

To and fro about the earth...

First off, have you scanned down to the next entry yet? The one with the all important video? If you haven't, skip this and go immediately down to watch the N64 video. Then you can come back. To the left you see a screenshot from Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It is WILD. I don't know if I have ever played a game that has so fully engrossed me in its digital world.... and believe me... it is a WORLD. You can farm. You can gather herbs, make medicine, and sell medicine. You can explore the world for HOURS and not even begin to have walked over the entire surface... and there are so many caves, dungeons, and underground dwellings that you will probably never see them all. I don't want to write on and on about simply to say this: wow. There. I'm done.

Another side note on media:



This is an album that should satisfy all of us. Its lyrical content is so far beyond Relient K that I hesitate to mention them in the same paragraph. There is screaming. There is singing. There is truth. There is.... toe-tapping? Yeah, it's all here. STELLAR stuff. If you click the picture it will take you to their PureVolume page where you can hear them.

My life...my life... Well, Alesha is getting HUGE! It is so nice to feel Aurora Monet's powerful kicks (even though they are causing Alesha much suffering). I am so excited to meet her that I am surprising even myself. There is instinct involved here, people. Levels of your programming that lie dormant until presented with the proper stimulus. Suddenly you discover parts of yourself of which you were not yet aware.

Alesha and I continue to struggle through the sale of our house. We felt God strongly moving us to sell our house two years ago next week. Not only did we feel it strongly, it was confirmed to us through two dear friends (at different times). Yet here we are. Sitting. Waiting. Fuming. Faithing. (is that a verb?) We pray about it often but the Lord is quite silent on the issue. It has been a roller coaster ride and has been... well... stupid to an extent. People constantly talk to us about it "Are you sure that's what God wanted?" "Maybe it was a test." "Maybe that isn't really what He was telling you." They mean well but they make it worse. I don't have any large lessons or conclusions to share, simply where we are. It is a small thing compared to the heartaches that many of our friends and fellow bloggers are experiencing but for the sake of opening a window into our world, I felt I should share it.

I have taken Casey's advice and snagged up some NT Wright at the library today. It is unfortunately on the back burner as I have a book from work that I must delve into and I must also complete the latest from Ted Dekker in time for my interview with him next week. (I expect the book on Wednesday.)

Alesha is home! Much love my friends!

No comments: