Thursday, May 18, 2006

Neighborhoods and gaming

First off, I have to say that it is great living in a neighborhood with friends. (This is an experience I've never really had.) The Forgraves recently moved a couple of streets over and Ben stopped by tonight to chat for a while. That's GREAT. It wasn't a major event or something that had to be planned for weeks... just a pop-in. We should all move closer so we can share in spontaneous moments of conversation.

Speaking of conversations:


The Durek and GQ Status have long been talking to me about The Prince of Persia. Today I picked it up over lunch and, as of yet, I have no opinion about it. Then again, I haven't played it. I also had enough trade in credit left to pick up Sin: Emergence Episode 1. This is a game in several parts that they will be releasing every few months.


I've been looking for a decent FPS to play for a few weeks and I think I've settled on this one. Considering that it is roughly six hours of gameplay for $18 it seemed like a deal.

So, I walked out of Gamestop with two (supposedly) great games and still had $6 in trade credit to save for later. Hooray for me.

Oh, if anyone is interested in what I'm reading right now:

Black by Ted Dekker
The Last Word by N.T. Wright
Desperate Networks by Bill Carter

The top two I've been reading for... I don't know... a month. I need to stop playing games and read more.

Stupid side note: With the help of Rhapsody I'm listening to the Rambo soundtrack. No comment.

No comments: