I had some meaningful time with my dad today which was very good. I didn't think I would be able to make a connection with him today and I did. It was cut shorter than I would have liked due to his dog becoming sick and needing to spend some time at the emergency room (for dogs... I guess?). My parents divorce is in many ways a great mystery to me. I've basically grown up knowing some of the things that my dad did wrong and hearing mostly my mom's side of the story. It has been interesting to catch snippets of the opposite side from time to time and has certainly cast a great many things in a new light. Divorce removes our parents from their pedastals too soon in our development of people. The effects of it continue to be apparent in my parents and their lives just as cancer emerges in people who have been exposed to radiation long after the bomb damage has been repaired. What a mess.
Alesha and I were married six years ago yesterday. We celebrated at J. Alexander's where I had their chicken fingers (which are enormous) and she had steak. My manliness felt somewhat diminished in the ordering of chicken across from a woman eating meat that was still moo'ing... but alas, I am what I am. Aurora is sapping the majority of Alesha's strength so we decided dinner was quite enough when followed by cheesecake-to-go from the Cheesecake Factory and rentals from Blockbuster. We've watched Munich and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang both of which were decent. (The former being much better than the ladder.... or is it latter?)
On the entertainment front:
I think I'm reverting to Junior High tastes in light of the coming child, trying to relive some immaturity lest adulthood grab me too quickly. This has meant lots of X-Men comic books in the form of the black and white reprints Marvel is offering called Essential X-men. God bless Marvel and the Columbus Metropolitan Library.
In games, I've been paying 2006 FIFA World Cup on the 360 and it is GREAT. I am not much for World Cup fever these days but I have been enjoying some of the televised games and Ben and I enjoyed some time yelling at FIFA yesterday. It was fun and frustrating.
While wandering through Best Buy today, I decided to snag up the $10 copy of Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. Insert money, flush toilet.

This game is terrible. I so thorougly enjoyed Legend that I thought AOD might be worth a peek. Trust me, it isn't. Lara is unbelievably hard to control. Frustration abounds. I finally shut it off and went back to Doom 3 which I have been playing because it is one of the best looking first person shooters for the PC that doesn't give me motion sickness. Sin and I can't really seem to come to terms which means that the Half Life expansion is also closed off to me.
Alesha asked me if I wanted anything for our anniversary/Father's Day. Truthfully there isn't much I want these days, but there was one thing that came to mind:

It's called the Fang and if you shop around you can find it for about $20. It could be a purchase in the vein of Angel of Darkness... but I think it looks like a lot of fun. I'm going to test run it on some of the software I have now, but I'm looking forward to really breaking it in on Prey. Of course, Aurora will be here by then which might make gaming look like a waste of time. I don't know...
My friends, I hope you all have a great week. I don't know how many of you check the blog these days, but know that you are all in my heart and mind on a daily basis!

1 comment:
partly because I'm going to do research next year on this very thing and partly because I felt the movie did a decent job of showing the futility of it....
I was so disturbed by Munich. It was an excellent film, one that I need to watch again...but so distuburbing...
Post a Comment