
What sign of the Apocalypse do I present? The fact that I have officially become a Madden fan. This of course requires some clarification: I'm a fan in the most casual sense of the word. I haven't bought any jerseys and I'm certainly not qualified to play a game against a real, living opponent. I am, however, getting my butt kicked one game at a time in franchise mode playing as the Patriots. Why the Patriots? I don't know ANYTHING about the NFL. NOTHING. (In fact, I'm learning that I have nothing beyond the most BASIC of grasps of the game of football in general.) I picked the Patriots because Alesha and I have been watching "Revolution" on the History Channel and it sounded good.
I thought for certain that I would end up liking NCAA Football far above Madden... but while I do prefer college football to pro-ball in the real world I do think that Madden is the better of the two games. The actual play mechanics are very similar but the pace and polish of the game is squarely in Madden's corner.
Let me say it again: I can't believe I'm playing Madden...and liking it. Weird.
Where do I find the time? GREAT question. The last two nights have been serene at our house as Alesha and I have been passing Aurora back and forth. She has been in much better spirits and I am sincerely praying that this is going to continue. Even if it was only the eye of the storm, having the freedom to goof off for a brief period for the last couple of nights in a row has made life seem a great deal more manageable. We had a couple of days where I thought my brain might explode. Apparently that didn't happen.
I'm falling more deeply in love with my wife and daughter. Having a baby is HARD WORK but having her turn her head and look up at me is... well... Can it be explained? It literally feels like she is reaching an invisible hand into my chest and stirring things up. It's wonderful.
We had a house showing scheduled for last night. They cancelled. My biggest prayer right now is a request from God to confirm to us that this is what He wants us to do. That and a great need for financial blessing. Aurora is expensive, the cost of living has gone up significantly, and we are struggling a bit. I know that God will take care of us... but I'm reminding Him. ;)
Anything else? I don't think so. I'm VERY excited about the fact that Arrested Development's third and final season hits dvd on Tuesday. If you have never seen it, I HIGHLY recommend going out and BUYING the first season. You don't need to rent it. It's worth owning. I surprise myself with how frequently I actually watch it. HILARIOUS.
It's time for me to put my baby girl to bed. Much love my friends.
Oh, one more thing, a favorite Naz memory: seeing Matt Walls run in to Mike and Nick's room freshmen year and begin rubbing his naked nether regions all over Mike's pillow. Wow. Mike put his face in Matt's crotch. That's almost as gross as Nick's visit from the Ether Bunny... but that's a story for another time. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment