Thursday, September 14, 2006

At last, we come to it...


The 10k is this weekend! I can't believe that I have been training for 8 weeks already! It has gone by much quicker than I thought it would... and I must say that I have been done much better than I anticipated. My longest run so far was 7.5 miles (last weekend). I'm averaging 11 minute miles but I'm seeing that S-L-O-W-L-Y increase. Tonight was my last run before the race on Sunday and I was trying to determine how far I should go. I started with the intention of doing three... but quite a few people are trying to convince me to run a half-marathon at this year's Columbus Marathon. At first I shrugged it off, but I think I may actually do it. With 13.2 miles as the eventual goal, three miles seemed like it wouldn't be quite long enough so I went for 5.
Funny thing about tonight's run? I decided to skip out on my playlist and tell my Ipod to shuffle my music. I hit lots of the normal stuff when, with just under two miles to go, the Superman Suite kicked in. I have no idea where it came from but my body JUMPED forward at Super-speed. I kid you not, I went from running 11 minute miles to running two 9 minute miles. SERIOUSLY! My mind kept jumping back and forth between images of Christopher Reeve tearing open his shirt to reveal the S-shield and Jerry running down the street to prove that he is, in fact, the fastest kid in school. I may actually program that to be my "power song" to finish up this weekend's 10k.
It's time for me to go to bed! As much as it feels like Friday night, it isn't! Much love, friends. When are we gathering to blow the crap out of each other in some Halo 2?
O.

1 comment:

Twin1 said...

I ran cross country in high school and that was only a 5k. I never really wanted to run more than that. Good luck in the race this weekend. As for Halo 2, name the time and place and I'm there (pending spousal approval or course :).

Mike