Saturday, October 07, 2006

How long will this last?

Alesha is off at some choir endeavor at church which has left Aurora and I on our own. While she is attempting to roll over on her mat, I'm going to blog. Her level of happiness will dictate how long I get to write. She is currently engrossed in the Buckeye game (between roll attempts). Speaking of the Buckeye game: what a waste. I know that Bowling Green will get the big bucks for the athletic department because of the revenue from the 'Shoe... but is it necessary to put the number one team in the country against Bowling Green? C'mon! I feel sorry for the guys.... even if they are on the other team. :)



This is me a few seconds after crossing the finish line at my second 10k this morning. Alesha snapped it in the middle of me smiling that it was over and gasping for breath. :) The run went extremely well. I managed to cut my time from 1:09.?? to 1:01.28. That is excellent progress! My thrice-weekly runs are now 5 mile runs and I have been raising my weekend runs slowly but surely. My longest came last weekend in the form of 11.5 miles. A week from tomorrow I'll be doing the half-marathon at the Columbus Marathon, 13.2 miles. I won't be setting any world records but that will be a personal best for distance. If you think about it, pray for me this week. I'm going to need it.

I don't think that my opinion is worth lengthy statement on the blog here, but I would like to say one thing: I read Ballenger's blog and the link he put up discussing Joel Osteen (and a few others). I don't know Osteen and only know his ministry from what I listen to in the podcast every week, but I will say this: listen to him four times before you let an article written by a money editor make up your mind for you. Just as a favor to me, get beyond a sound bite and a prooftexting quote and check the guy out. If you hate him after that... just don't tell me. :) I like him.

Battlestar Galactica: HOLY FREAKING CRAP. Why aren't more of us watching this show? Blake and I are the only ones that are on this bandwagon and I promise you that it is one of the most entertaining and socially relevant shows on television. It deals with issues that are all over the American landscape today but puts a bizarre twist on them that forces you to think about things from a different angle. It's dark, challenging, and amazingly compelling drama. C'MON!!! WATCH IT!!!! WATCH IT!!!! :)

Guess who's getting fussy? Yep. Oh, Blake... I'm not losing much weight. In the last eleven weeks I've lost 15 pounds (and didn't lose ANY for the first month). It isn't substantial but it beats the crap out of dieting!!!!

No comments: