Friday, November 03, 2006

Breaking the silence...

Long have I labored and I am proud to say that the end is near:

For those of you who do not know, RadioU is (like most ministries) non-profit which means that we do not play commercials. This leads to us having to raise our money from our listeners twice a year. We call it Unleash the Music. It lasts two weeks... and it destroys everything in its path. :) Seriously, we put in a TON of hours and barely see family/friends/etc. for those two weeks. It all ends tomorrow at 6pm on air and 7pm off-air. I can't wait.

It hasn't been totally disastrous in that I have been able to spend time with Aurora during the day (I work a split shift) but I have barely seen Alesha at all. Right now I'm playing the part of Ogre Dad as I have put my daughter down for a nap that she usually is not interested in. I am happy to say that I have been sitting here typing for nearly five minutes and have not yet heard any crying so I may be in the clear.

Bullet points are easier. Here we go:

  • Blogs- They've killed the message board. Instead of interacting socially we mostly throw our thoughts out on a blog so that, if others want to check on us, they can read our blog. It's a shame really. I'm as guilty as everyone else. Everyone check in over there and say hello.
  • Gaming- The amount of time I actually have for it these days dwindles more and more. I did, however, get a chance to play the demo for Rainbow Six: Vegas and was completely blown away by it. So much so that I traded up some action and snagged Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. It's REALLY cool.
  • Sleep- I'm exhausted. See Unleash above.
  • Heroes- GREAT.
  • Lost- I HATE it. I've officially broken up with it. Oddly enough, once I reached this conclusion, I read a very similar opinion on Penny Arcade. It's always encouraging to have one's opinion not only validated by someone else but shared in a WORD FOR WORD fashion. Goodbye, Lost. I hate you.
  • Shaun of the Dead- I managed to not see this movie over the last couple of years despite the fact that I rented it twice. It was on comedy central over the weekend and I had TIVO snag it. GREAT STUFF. It amazes me the way the British are able to go from something being hilarious, to serious, to frightening... in the space of 60 seconds.
  • Steve Carrel- The single most overrated entertainer on earth. The Office isn't half as funny as everyone thinks it is. The English one is better. MUCH better.
  • Arrested Development- Consider me an official evangelist for this cancelled show. Go rent it. I'm rewatching it (albeit slowly) for the fourth time.
  • Sale of my house- Alesha and I have made some decisions that I will be sharing at a later time.

Well, my daughter is STILL sleeping and I have just enough time to squeeze in lunch before she wakes up. (Though she usually wakes up as soon as my meal is ready. Amazing how she does that...)

Much love, my friends! Gathering SOON!

No comments: