Some people don't think so, but I say that both of them qualify. Killing terrorists and blowing crap up is the PERFECT way to celebrate the birth of the Prince of Peace. No, seriously. :) Right now, I'm sitting in my living room with only the Christmas lights and the glow of the LCD to light my way... and soon I'll be falling asleep on the couch to Die Hard 2. I don't condone it, but I am planning on practicing it. :) I love sleeping down here when the Christmas tree is up. It's wonderfully relaxing.
This week has been hectic in the most ridiculous ways. LAST week was crazy because we were a part of our choir's christmas extravaganza (in truth, I'm still debating over whether what we did was an actual community outreach or nothing but a large event designed to further exhaust the 20 percent while making the 80 percent feel warm and entertained). This week held a great deal of other activities that prevented relaxation. I saw part of that stress erupt into a minor tiff between my wife and I this morning that both of us immediately regretted. Why do we allow our lives to be full of all this stuff? So much of it is "important" and yet worthless all at the same time. Further commentary will no doubt incriminate me.
We both did find some rest today in the midst of a daughter who has no interest in sleeping... EVER. :) I used some of my spare time to play Marvel: Ultimate Alliance which is a great deal of fun. If you are looking for an inexpensive game for the Holidays, I would recommend getting X-Men: Legends 1 or 2 which feature gameplay that is nearly identical at less than half the price. I also spent some time today setting up my new Microsoft Zune. (Their answer to the Ipod.) It was an awesome blessing from my Microsoft Guy! Now I can carry TONS of music with me when I go to Oregon AND get to watch some movies/TV on the plane. I'm really excited about it.
The Riot Christmas Challenge is going fairly well. I've been trying to give out as much as I can and I hope many of you have been trying to do the same. I'm most excited about an e-mail that I got from someone who said it challenged them to start something at their school and they collected a ton of presents for a local charity! Many skeptics no doubt look down open holiday giving because it does not happen for the rest of the year. Here is some cool news: I got dibs on writing our newsletter article next month and I'm going to be asking people to continue the Christmas challenge all year and constantly be on the lookout on ways they can give to and help others. I realize I'm not a massive media figure or someone of large import, but I really feel this is a message that God has put on me to share with my audience! I'm pumped about it. :)
Speaking of giving... Alesha's Christmas presents are all bought. I obviously cant' detail them here, but I will say that a few things fell into place that have allowed me to be more generous with her than I thought would be possible this year. I can't wait for her to open her gifts! (I'll need to wrap them first, but that is a minor detail. :) I have a couple of more items for various family members, and then I am finished... THANK GOD. We have packing to do this week for our trip to Oregon but I want to put a major emphasis on resting and enjoying what's left of the season.
I think that is about it. I hope you are all have great times over the next two weeks and that some Christmas wishes are granted. (Both yours and others.) I'm asking God for a great Christmas this year. I'm sure He gives the best gifts... material and otherwise.
Much love, my friends!
Obadiah
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment