... or as some call it: "The West"
While it went better on the way home than it did on the way there, I would not recommend flying with an infant. Aurora was a real trooper but wow... it was rough. Of course, there is always sunshine where my Aurora is concerned:

Spend all the money you like on fancy toys that make ridiculous noises or shake around on the ground, the alien (we own 3) is the single most loved toy in our toybox. Aurora can be in nearly any state of mind and the ability to suck on that guys antennae will fix everything. She smiles at absolutely EVERYONE and this made some of our times in the airport a bit better. (Except with the jackass in Eugene... but that is a story for another time.)
A late night arrival united with a ridiculous cold that I picked up in Oregon and netted me a night of very little sleep. As a result, I slept until almost noon. It surprised me because today was like Christmas. Yes, I celebrated the birth of Christ a week ago, but it was today that I was scoring a HUGELY COOL present and I had been anticipating it for many days:
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Granted, these pictures don't show much of a comparison, but it was the best I could do. I went from a 19" CRT to a 22" widescreen LCD. WOW! The difference is staggering! Talk about an AMAZING Christmas gift! It did not come from any one person but rather came from roughly 1,000,000,000 people who gave me small amounts of cash and best buy gift cards. Normally this cash would be parceled out on small things such as DVDs, CDs, etc. (I made my b-day gift cards and cash last for almost four months and it surely would have been longer if not for the Superman 14 disc extravaganza!) This year I decided to combine ALL of them and add a little bit of my own cash into this monitor. It is SOOOOOOOOOOO worth it! Using it for PC stuff is great, but playing 360 on it is downright fantastic! Anyone know anyone who needs a very nice 19" CRT monitor? Let me know.
I have many thoughts an ponderings on the new year (not the least of which revolves around me hosting TVU's New Year's Party while I'm actually sitting here typing at home. I love technology.) but the hour is getting late and I would very much like to go back to screwing around.
I'm sick. I'm home. Happy New Year! I am praying (literally) that this year will be your best one yet.
While it went better on the way home than it did on the way there, I would not recommend flying with an infant. Aurora was a real trooper but wow... it was rough. Of course, there is always sunshine where my Aurora is concerned:
Spend all the money you like on fancy toys that make ridiculous noises or shake around on the ground, the alien (we own 3) is the single most loved toy in our toybox. Aurora can be in nearly any state of mind and the ability to suck on that guys antennae will fix everything. She smiles at absolutely EVERYONE and this made some of our times in the airport a bit better. (Except with the jackass in Eugene... but that is a story for another time.)
A late night arrival united with a ridiculous cold that I picked up in Oregon and netted me a night of very little sleep. As a result, I slept until almost noon. It surprised me because today was like Christmas. Yes, I celebrated the birth of Christ a week ago, but it was today that I was scoring a HUGELY COOL present and I had been anticipating it for many days:
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Granted, these pictures don't show much of a comparison, but it was the best I could do. I went from a 19" CRT to a 22" widescreen LCD. WOW! The difference is staggering! Talk about an AMAZING Christmas gift! It did not come from any one person but rather came from roughly 1,000,000,000 people who gave me small amounts of cash and best buy gift cards. Normally this cash would be parceled out on small things such as DVDs, CDs, etc. (I made my b-day gift cards and cash last for almost four months and it surely would have been longer if not for the Superman 14 disc extravaganza!) This year I decided to combine ALL of them and add a little bit of my own cash into this monitor. It is SOOOOOOOOOOO worth it! Using it for PC stuff is great, but playing 360 on it is downright fantastic! Anyone know anyone who needs a very nice 19" CRT monitor? Let me know.
I have many thoughts an ponderings on the new year (not the least of which revolves around me hosting TVU's New Year's Party while I'm actually sitting here typing at home. I love technology.) but the hour is getting late and I would very much like to go back to screwing around.
I'm sick. I'm home. Happy New Year! I am praying (literally) that this year will be your best one yet.
More Aurora for the road :)
She met the ocean for the first time.

1 comment:
nice tolkien reference ...
Post a Comment