Saturday, January 28, 2006

Compelling reasons to watch Dune?


Should you watch Dune for the beautiful Fremen women who's haunting eyes glow blue within blue due to their blood being satured with the spice melange...

OR

Do you watch for semi-naked Sting?


Hey, Nick, maybe he'll wear his "Police" uniform for you.

The link goes to IGN's take on the Dune: Extended Edition DVD. Their commentary on the extended edition of the flick is pretty close to the mark. In an attempt to make the movie more accessible they killed it... even with the additional 45 minutes of footage. The narration is AWFUL... though worth watching once. I've already seen it once and I couldn't get myself to go through it again. (yet) I am planning on taking in the theatrical cut tomorrow.I love the scene where Paul takes the water of life. VERY cool. If you haven't read the book, I highly recommend it over the movie (even though the movie is worth a viewing).

No comments: