
There are few things like working at a place where you answer the phone. The problem with a phone is that people get the number and call... and you're supposed to listen to what they have to say.
This morning we were talking about the story I linked here. It is the story of some claw games that have become popular in New England where you pay $2 and, if you capture a lobster, you get your meal and the lobster for free. My comment on it? I wouldn't want to eat lobster no matter how cheap it was. Lobster is a close relative of the cockroach... and I find both disgusting.
Moments following the telling of the story the phone began ringing and I answered it. The woman on the phone was nearly hysterical and began yelling at us about how if Jesus was actually here he would NEVER advocate such horrendous cruelty as the eating of animals. My response to her (in a calm tone) was that while Jesus was here we know that he ate fish. She then became even more hysterical and began yelling that Christians do nothing but use Jesus as an excuse for violence and that all organized religion has EVER given the world is violence, cruelty and death. I finally had to put her on hold and she then disappeared.
Did I interpret scripture incorrectly? Is Jesus a vegetarian? Was this woman calling from a mental institution? What a way to start the morning...

1 comment:
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. I guess I'm going to hell because I love steak, and chicken, and hamburgers, and fish, and pork, and bacon, and dog, ...wait, scratch that last one.
Nick
Post a Comment