Sunday, April 16, 2006

Great, kid.... don't get cocky!

When you read story from scripture, what role do you cast yourself in? I have a tendency to put me on the side of Jesus. I think the Pharisees are idiots. I think Adam and Eve are about as stupid as they come. (C'mon... don't eat the fruit. How hard is that?) If I were more truthful, I would cast myself in the role of the "bad guys".

Case in point:

I mentioned the item that came in the mail a few days ago. I had to deal with it today and I became angry... again. I was looking around for a way out, something to do to "fix" things but everywhere I look I'm surrounded by... well, issues. It made me think of the Israelites facing the Red Sea. Egypt is dogging them from behind and there is nothing in front of them but their own destruction. I did exactly what they did. I started looking for someone to blame. Who can I throw stones at? Maybe things WERE better back in Egypt.

The choice we all face is whether we whine and complain... or if we stand in front of the difficulty, pray, and wait to see what God is going to do. I often chose the first option but today I'm going for option B. I'll let you know when I see the dry ground. ;) It's coming.

No comments: