
Well, I can happily say that Unleash the Music is over! While it can be a lot of fun, it can also be VERY taxing and I have spent the entire day in a state of mostly exhaustion. Relaxing has been a little harder than I thought it would be. I keep feeling like I'm wasting time and I should be DOING something. Thanks to those of you who gave during Unleash. I realize that it isn't always the most exciting thing to listen to but I endeavored to keep it entertaining and to focus on a Godly view of giving in a meta-sense and then do some application to us specifically. Did I always succeed? Probably not. Try doing ten hours a day for 12 days. You're bound to slip up at some point. :)
If you live or travel near the Westerville area, I highly recommend checking out the Westerville Public Library. Granted, the Columbus Library is unbelievable but the Westerville Library is a small gem tucked in on State St. While I did not take too much time to peruse their volumes, I did stop into their DVD section and discover that they stock almost every show that has ever been on television. This lead me to snag a few TV shows on DVD and do some watching today.
Highlander: The Series- I remember getting out the bunny ears and straining them so I could catch the exploits of Duncan McCleoud on Sunday afternoons. The reception I got for channel 53 SUCKED but I would sit there and watch it anyway. The show has not aged well. The Highlander concept easily lent itself to a weekly series format but the first two episodes of season 2 have been a bit disappointing. I remember losing interest in it after its first season and not watching too many other episodes BUT I caught several towards the end of its run and got the impression that the show had gotten much better. Maybe I should jump ahead a few seasons.... which leads me to...
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine- I snagged up the first two discs of Season 6 and watched all 8 episodeds contained therein. I can't believe what a good show this actually is. I have no idea how accessible it would be to a non-Star Trek follower but to someone that is sick of the Star Trek status quo I found it a breath of fresh air. My take on DS9 was just like Highlander: I watched it for a season and lost interest but caught some of it later and thought it looked fascinating. Let me tell you: it is. The Dominion War is the most dynamic thing to ever hit the Star Trek universe. If Enterprise would have looked a little more like this (arcing stories, interesting characters, people learning from mistakes, etc.) when it started, I guaruntee you that it would still be on. The third and fourth discs are currently on reserve for me in Westerville. I'll be delving into them soon.
The Dead Zone- I've read the book but never seen the show. Everyone raved about it a few years ago. I'll let you know.
Space: Above and Beyond- I remember watching this back in the day and thinking it wasn't that great. It only lasted one season. Disc 2 was available and I thought I'd pop it in to peruse. This hasn't happened yet.
I think I got some other stuff, but I can't remember what it is.
Have a great Monday! I have the day off and I plan on using it to do as little as possible. This will probably include a blog. Later!
O.

No comments:
Post a Comment