Sunday, June 11, 2006

I love the hype!

e,The hype machine is in full swing at local establishment in regards to the many Superman Returns promotional tie-ins. I LOVE IT. It is succeeding in making me even more excited about the upcoming movie (which I didn't even know was possible) and is causing me to blow my money on products I would never purchase. For example:


If you listen closely, you can hear the laughter of advertising executives and media moguls as I march to their drum and obey their every whim. By the way, it's a 32oz slurpee cup. I was trying to look mean/intimidating/mildly pleased with my purchase. I would call that a massive failure.


I forced Alesha to purchase one so I could have the other style of cup. Oh, and that is the view of my desk while blogging. The Death Star and Linus. A bit incongruous unless you are looking through the eyes of the 80s.

I could write for pages and pages about the events of the past several days. I've seen some awesome answered prayer in the form of an uncashed paycheck from 4 years ago that my church reissued to me today. (WOW. Just in time for some much needed baby supplies. God's timing is impeccable.) I participated in a wedding this weekend by giving the wedding "charge" and I hit a major home run on that. I usually walk away from a speaking engagement knowing there were a few things I could do better, but that felt perfect. Thank you, Jesus, for all your help. Alesha and I feel like we are finally in a position where we can focus solely on the baby and not worry about anything else. (She finished up school this week.) Aurora is due on June 29.

I've got stuff around the house I want to do, but I'll leave you with this parting shot: I got an Ipod. No, I didn't buy one. Nikki gave me one of her old ones. It's an Ipod mini and it's pink, but it is AWESOME. I have become a podcast addict. The one thing that stood in the way between the Ipod and total domination was the ability to play it in the car. I looked into a lot of options (including FM transmitters) but finally settled on buying a new stereo for my car (I needed one anyway). Now I can listen to the Ipod in the car AND it plays MP3 cds, so I can take hundreds of songs along on a single disc even if I don't want to carry the Ipod. Oh, and if you're concerned about my masculinity being affected by the color of the Ipod, fear not. I am getting a custom made skin. Who custom made it? Me. I'd show it to you but Blogger isn't letting me upload any more photos right now. I have no idea what that's about.

No comments: