Sunday, June 04, 2006

The son of Jor-El will be my slave... for-evuh...


So... I spent Sunday afternoon hanging out with my friend Zach and watching Superman 2. A lovely time was had by all. It has been a while since I watched Supes in his second big screen adventure and, I must say, there were some mind-numbingly awful things in this movie. I was surprised by how bad some of it was... BUT... Zach and I both found Terrance Stamp to be nothing short of amazing. He rolled out some of the best lines in the history of cinema. The lines themselves are nothing spectacular but the way he annunciates each one gives it a weight an authority that is beyond question. Here were some favorites:

"Why do you say these things to me when you know that I will kill you for it?"

"The son of Jor-El will be my slave... forever."

CRAP! Those were the only two I can remember. I guess I'll just have to watch the movie again.

The Superman Returns website has just been updated with lots of new wallpapers, tv spots, and a screensaver (in case you care).

This afternoon also saw us eating pizza from the "New York Pizzaria" in Pickerington. On a five star rating I'll give it a 3.5. The pizza was excellent but lacked a certain "kick" that would propel it into the 4s. I am not against trying it again and maybe experimenting with some different toppings or exploring their menu a bit. Of course, I say I'm trying to lose weight but I'm reporting on pizza... and I'm sorry to say that I'm supposed to get some pie from Little Italy (Groveport) tomorrow night. Their pizza is potentially legendary. Oh.. and all of this in the face of Cappie's (Pataskala) on Thursday night.

I leave you with this final thing that I will be pondering this week:

Psalm 90:14
Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.

As someone who gets up early, I need to be satisfied in the morning.

No comments: