It's Saturday morning and the girls are sleeping. I could be doing anything... and I'm blogging. It just sounds like more fun than staring at the TV. I don't necessarily have anything to say, so I'm going to write about whatever comes to mind.
First, why doesn't anyone ever comment here? Do we just do that on the message board? Does anyone even bother reading all this crap that I post here? I'm just wondering. I personally read almost every blog from every one of you and check for updates every few days. I'm just wondering who comes here.
The weather yesterday and today have been utter perfection. It seems like you can smell football in the air. I LOVE that feeling. If I could shorten the summer season to about two weeks I would do it. God hasn't put that up for voting, though, and I'm sure I would somehow ruin the rotation of the earth if I tried to affect that kind of change on my own.
Speaking of affecting change: running. Holy crap. Running. It seems like that is the only thing that I do with my free time these days. Running in the afternoon is the worst but running on evenings last night was a genuine pleasure. The Ipod has been my constant companion and something that was truly worth the high price tag. I have used that more than any single piece of electronics that I own. (Including our TV/computer/etc.) The 10k that I'm training for is coming up on September 17. I was feeling so good last night that I extended my scheduled 5 mile run to a full 6.2 miles which is a 10k. That is the farthest non-stop run I have ever done in my life. I'm sore today.
I continue to insist in my heart, mind, and body that this is not about losing weight but is about being in better shape. I do, however, really want to lose weight. Part of that is Aurora. I grew up in a house where everyone was fat and I was literally told that "it runs in our family" and that's the way it was going to be. I don't want Aurora to grow up with that kind of example. I also don't want to teach her to "diet" and exercise herself to death. I want her to learn a healthy lifestyle naturally and by walking it out in front of her. I'm sure it will pay off but the startup cost of this health business has been fairly intense.
Gaming. I love to talk about video games. I love to read about them.... but I seldom get to actually play. I'm currently pumped about the VGA cable that I got for my 360. Normally they are $40 which I thought was way to high but I was in Gamestop last week and they had a used one for $10. I had always been curious and decided to give it a shot. WHOAH! Your computer monitor is actually an HDTV and Xbox looks AWESOME on it! I've officially moved the 360 downstairs with the PC and it has allowed me to sneak in a game or two without being removed from the fam. (VERY important to me) I ordered a cheap monitor switcher from TigerDirect that will let me have them both plugged in at the same time. I anxiously await its arrival.
I read my post from last week about not doing any reading and it really bothered me so I've been making an effort to read for at least half an hour each night. Sometimes it ends up being much shorter as I fall asleep, but the effort is the important part. There are so many books that I want to get into but I'm reading Mere Christianity right now. Sitting down with it I'm starting to realize that I've never actually been all the way through it. I love Lewis's logical writing style and how each point builds on previous ones. There is something beautiful about reading that kind of argument when the majority of the reading I do is shoddy internet journalism while prepping for my shows.
Being a dad is awesome. Period.
Labor Day weekend is going to consist of my girls, Buckeye football, some junk food at the party(can't be healthy ALL the time), video gaming, Arrested Development Season 3 (FINALLY!), and whatever low-key action comes our way. We are skipping church tomorrow and trying to turn this into a three day vacation at home. I could really use it and I'm really excited about it.
My friends, I'm signing off. I love each of you and don't really give a damn whether we agree on theology, politics, foreign policy, or any of the other BS we think is worth arguing about. (Maybe we would even disagree on what is and isn't BS. :) The point of the Pentavorite is brotherhood and brother's are free to disagree and wrestle and fight and argue... but in the end we should love each other and pray for each other. I'm praying for you.
Enjoy the weekend!
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I don't think this site has allowed comments up until this point. At least that was my understanding.. :)
Here's a comment for you.
i read them ... and enjoy it. everything from the spiritual updates to the funny stuff - ie the Star Wars that wasn't! I also enjoy all the blast from the past stuff that you post about from time to time. Keep it coming brother!
I read Mere Christianity several months ago. I like Lewis' style of writing, very logical and thought out. The Screwtape Letters are on my list to read, but like you, with a baby in the house, it's been hard to get a decent amount of reading done in the past two months.
Mike
Hey man...I've tried to comment on here a couple times. I check here every day and see what's happening in the Haybin house.
And I love and pray for you guys as well...
BT
Post a Comment