Saturday, February 24, 2007

Words of Wisdom

Just remember that Aurora doesn't let you sleep in.

Aurora woke up screaming a few minutes ago. I don't know if she was having a bad dream or if she just realized that she no longer had her binkie in her mouth and decided the easiest way for her to fix it was to call in the Binkie Brigade. The screams resulted in Alesha and I standing over her crib putting her binkie back in and laughing at the strong personality that wanted us to giver her what she was looking for and then leave her alone. HILARIOUS.

I have been downstairs playing Rainbow Six: Vegas for the last hour and Alesha reminded me that I probably shouldn't stay up too late because Aurora will be up early and when she gets up, EVERYONE gets up. I could fill books with all the ways that having her around has impacted her life. We have to conform to her sleep patterns because if you don't get sleep while she is sleeping you will definitely not get any while she is awake. :)

Adult life has felt bigger than me for the last couple of weeks. One of the things that I am struck by is how lonely it can all seem. I have several good friends at work (and, at the very least, amiable feelings towards everyone in our ministry) but I feel a large void in the "other" category of friendships. We have just been so busy of late that most of my relationships are forced to play out over e-mails and phone calls rather than in meaningful face to face contact. I find great satisfaction in my marriage, my daughter, and my life in general... but I find myself wishing that I had more time to spend with friends from church and college and otherwise. More time to talk, share, play, just BE together. I had a chance to hang out at a party tonight but once again had to leave early because of obligations. It will all come out in the wash... but I do often wish for more time.

Good news! We have found a house! I will be more forthcoming with details later, but it is in Pataskala and is fantastic! It will add a few dollars to the monthly payment and a few minutes to the commute but it is worth it. The neighborhood has lots of hills (great for running) and we'll be closer to our church! I'm still putting the finishing touches on everything but I'm hoping to close sometime in mid-March.

I mentioned Rainbow Six above. GREAT game. I haven't had much experience with the tactical shooter genre and learning the ins-and-outs of this type of game has been a lot of fun. I'm determined to actually finish it rather than just play a bit and move on. It has managed to pull me away from Marvel: Ultimate Alliance which I am also sworn to finish. :) Its shameful that I haven't finished Zelda yet, but I am averaging about two hours of gaming a week so you can see where it might take a long time to get through something.

Alesha's words are ringing in my ears and my body is getting sleepy. I'm headed to bed. Sorry for the infrequent updates! I'll try to get more interesting nonsense up for your enjoyment!

No comments: