Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Cedar Point Blog.

TVU went to Cedar Point so I blogged it on our MySpace. I thought some of it might be of interest to the rest of ya. (Though you should obviously be tirelessly following the exploits of the RadioU/TVU staff by checking our blogs on the right side of this page.)

By now, you've figured out that we went to Cedar Point. The weekend was AWESOME and we have to say a huge thank you to the guys at Cedar Point who made it all possible! Danke!



This is the new camera that we've been making such a fuss about. It is VERY expensive but it made shooting on location SOOOOOO easy. Without getting too technical, it is less than half the size of our old remote camera, takes less than half the time to set it up (it's almost as easy as using a consumer camcorder) and uses mics that sound immeasurably better than the old one. Thank you, Jesus for a new camera!!!!!!!



I've got bad news for you: when we are on location we shoot out of sequence. Even though it appeared differently, the Raptor was the LAST ride that we rode and the Top Thrill Dragster was the FIRST. In this picture, I have been at Cedar Point for roughly 5 minutes and just ate. Huge mistake. The ride is insane.



Throughout the day I stared up in amazement at Top Thrill Dragster. It's over 400 feet tall and you go over 120mph!!! It's the tallest thing in the park and makes it easier to navigate. Wow. You've got to see it (and ride it) to believe it.



Snoopy is AWESOME. They have a Snoopy store but I didn't buy anything. I wanted to buy something but I couldn't find anything I wanted. Bummer.



The new camera means we need an even smaller crew than ever. Yep... it only took four of us... and three of us were on camera. Of course, we all do double duty and carry equipment, etc. One of the Cedar peeps that were taking us around said that we were very different from other crews that come out. She said that most of the crews do NOT like each other and the talent doesn't help the "grunts" carry any of the equipment. Of course, I'd love to live in a world where I didn't have to do any of the lifting, but I think we can all agree I'm soft enough as it is. :)



Getting on the Maverick. GREAT ride.



Smitty enjoys a private moment between takes.



I obviously would rather have the junk food options while at Cedar Point, but I love the Panda.



Here we are filming our final cuts... at the park entrance. Told ya we filmed out of sequence....


 


 


 


 

No comments: