...that I didn't finish that last post? Yet another crazy item required attention and I didn't get back to it. What have I been doing since then: I've been sick. Oh, sure, we say "I'm sick" in passing when there is an ache or a pain... but I can assure you that I have spent the last several days SICK. Disgustingly, gushingly sick. I haven't managed to keep food in my body for more than three days. Lots of nausea. Proof? I've owned a Nintendo Wii for a week and have played it ONE time. We forked over the cash to go to a choir retreat this weekend (Carlisle Inn, beautiful!) and we went with Aurora in tow despite my sickness. I was fairly miserable but I think Alesha had fun. I say this as a defenese of the fact that I headed to Urgent Care yesterday afternoon rather than the doctor on Saturday morning. Ahhh, yes... There's nothing quite so fun as skipping out on a much anticipated OSU/Michigan party and going to sit at the Urgent Care. Luckily they had the game on and all us miserable souls were watching together. The doctor there told me what I figured: it's viral aka you're out of luck. They did give me some perscriptions that allowed me to sleep through the night for the first time in several days. (That alone was worth the co-pay.)
This brings me to today: No church, lots of drugs, and a fairly empty stomach. I think I'm going to try to eat something soon because I'm pretty sure that's where my headache is coming from. The medicine they gave me "may cause drowsiness". I'm not sure, but I think Alesha has been playing with my toys. Speaking of which:
Seinfeld season 7 hits DVD on Tuesday. To celebrate, Circuity City has all of the previous DVD sets on sale for $14.99. If you're missing one and you want it, that sounds like an awesome way to get it. I've been saving a Best Buy gift card for months for season 7. It will be mine. Oh, yes... It will be.
I'm going back to bed. I have a HUGE day at work tomorrow and I hope to have this disease mostly licked by then. The HUGE day? We're taping our New Year's Eve special. Sometimes I hate TV. I've already taped my show that will air the day after Thanksgiving which means that I made up a bunch of generic Thanksgiving commentary. It is strange to tape things like that out of sequence. Radio is so much easier.
I'm off!
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment