Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Deer incident pics

*I don't know that any of you bother checking out any of my RadioU/TVU stuff but if you do this blog will look familiar. It came from our show blogs but I'm reposting it here.




So... today (Wednesday) I hit a deer on my way in to do the RIOT. It was pretty freaky. I saw him out of the corner of my eye and then BOOM! My car went careening and I hit a guardrail (which is what the scratches are for on the other side). I am okay, but my car has been totalled. I did get a settlement but it will probably not be enough for another car. You will immediately balk at this (did he get ripped off? Does he want a brand new car?) but there are issues and circumstances surrounding it that I'm not going to be getting in to on this blog.

I'd like to come out swinging on this one but I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that my heart sinks when I look at these pictures. I prayed and believe for two years for this car and to see if ripped away from me by some stupid incident... well... I'm not sure quite how I feel about it. I would say that my heart is heavy but it feels more like my heart has been pricked with something very sharp and THEN someone put something heavy on it. I know that Jesus made my Honda happen and He'll take care of me this time, too... but it sucks and I remain quietly upset about it.

Of course, on the air, I'll have some good laughs over it. Because, honestly, there are some funny things to be said about it. (That... and this bizarre guy who just came to my door in the midst of my blogging. He is driving a semi and is going door-to-door selling "used furniture at wholesale prices from South Carolina". By used I'm fairly certain that he means stolen.) Please pray with me that God will provide me with something.... and, if we are being honest here, I'd like something nice. I've always driven really crappy cars and this was the nicest one I've ever owned. I'd like to have some working air conditioning for this summer.

Enjoy the pics! See you tomorrow!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man your car and the deer...